Monday, March 24, 2008

I witnessed proof of a miracle

Ana, Faniel and Rocket came to visit friday!

though they got here really early, I was up in time to clean the house (all but Stephanie's mess!)

Rocket was just as happy as he could be, smiling and reaching and flirting. -- I think he knows me now!

When rocket got fussy, I walked him into my room (i've found plants often calm him. anything he can grab i guess) I walked in my room and walked between my bed and bookshelf to get to my sunny window and he just started grinning.

I thought it was a fluke so we walked back out and back in several times and he looked and smiled at the same object. I about started crying. I called analee in to see if she was seeing the same thing. she was.


Rocket knows Father.

I know we've always talked about father talking and playing with melissa's kids and that's when they smiled in their sleep, but rocket was awake!

I saw his thought process as we walked in my room. His line of sight when from the bright window to the top of the bookshelf. (granted he was looking at the 2 lamps up there too but in the middle of the 2 is the big picture of father mark gave me for my birthday or something.)

I miss him. (rocket and Father but i was speaking particularly about Father )

Don't you know rocket loves him. I bet father whistles at him.

4 comments:

Analee said...

kendal smiles all the time in his sleep. maybe he dreams about father and now we know it for sure because he recognizes him when he is awake!

i miss him too. i wish so much that all our children could have slept on father's belly.

sometimes i pull rocket's pants up high just so i can laugh at him and say he's got on father pants. too bad i don't have any brown and olive polyester pants with a 16 inch long zipper. :) with a yellow striped shirt to match!

Dena said...

I don't know right now If I am laughing or crying...it's all silent. I have tears rolling from my eyes but I swear I think I'm laughing. First of all, the picture of father in the brown and olive pants with a yellow shirt on got me going. Then thinking of Kendal with his pants jacked up...even Nathaniel says he has on "father pants"...
You have witnessed something...proof that babies come from heaven maybe. What a good thing to know something about. We've been saying it for years but now you know what you've seen and the look on Kendal's face when he saw father's picture. that is just amazing.

Dena said...

Forgot something, You know the song about the little girl that hid behind the couch the night her parents killed each other...then she went to church with a foster family and saw the picture of Jesus on the wall and said that that is the man that was holding her the night her parents died. Remember that song? What you saw of Kendal reminds me of this. We just don't know, do we?

Melissa said...

Grace walked in while I was reading this blog... and she said to me "why is there a picture of Father on there?"

Uh... hello? I don't have a picture of him here (that is up and visible all the time). They just know.

I think the next ones will also 'know' Grandma too. She is getting my next one ready :-) Hopefully it will learn patience from her, since I am not good at teaching it :-)