Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Faithism



Since melissa is out of commision for a few days, here is the latest faithism...






I was standing in the kitchen reading the schedule so I wouldn't forget something like snack, when faith came up.




F: When are you going to have a baby?




Me: I will be a long time faithers.




F: Yea because your egg and mark's nut have to bump into eachother. That's how a baby is made.




I just look at her, not knowing what to say.




F: That's what mamma and daddy told me.




Me: OH ok. yea that's how babies are made... but the egg and the nut can't really hit until after you're married.




F: OOOHHH ok.










Bubba was so sweet today. we went outside after supper so the kids could eat their ice pops and dixie could potty. Now bub has been sticking right to me, holding my hand outside and everything (and because he wants to, not because i tell him to!) OK so i decide dix needs to run for a minute to get out some of that never ending energy out. I tell the kids and we all decide to run down the sidewalk. ready set go! Dixie and I take off and all i hear is a scream and crying. All I can think is 'we're going to have to take bub to the hospital. he has fallen and broken something' Turn around and he is running at me with one hand up... I had taken off and left him. he was heart broken. i picked him up and held him. I didn't know what to do . that was SO sweet... he didn't let go of my hand after that. I had to ask to get my hand back so I could scratch my nose! SO sweet.

3 comments:

Dena said...

An egg and a nut....I wonder what they really told her...what she misunderstood. Can't wait to hear Melissa's comment on this one!
Bub has always been a finger holder. Even when he was just moving around. He is really a sweet little boy...maybe a little bit mama's boy but that's one thing that makes him so sweet. But he is also a pure little boy in how he goes about doing things, kind of like how Kendal always turns toys over to see how they work from the bottom!

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

the real explination was the egg and seed...not the egg and the nut. M and R got a kick out of that.

Melissa said...

Yeah... really. We said egg and seed. Though her version is still pretty accurate :-)